Today I thought would be a big waste of time for me, a tech, but it wasn't!
First I set up my computer to print off one of the printers at CMC. Then I ate lunch, listened to Dan Alle practice, and read a book.
I then listened to my roommates Meredith and Whitney with Audrey, Alex, and Luke practice for the show on Thursday. GOODNESS GRACIOUS, it was beautiful. I am looking forward to Meredith's performance!
Then Jason Blasing and I changed a Concept light since the one that was hanging had it's mirror shattered. So I helped Jason change it and went back to reading.
BUT THEN Marcus got there and I followed him around the rest of the day. He talked to me about FOH (Front of House), MON (Monitor), snakes for FOH and MON, and the how to wrap the cables (since I need MUCHO practice). We also organized the stage and tuned the drums of the drum kit. He was so nice and explained everything I asked about. It's going to be great working with him.
...And not until right now did I realize that being the only tech who doesn't play ACTUALLY is a good thing because Marcus knows I am dedicated all the time.
Next we went to one of the recording rooms (W02) and figured out how to set up the mics and ProTools. ProTools is the program we will work with this semester with engineering. :) I'm excited!!!!
And I learned today that my guitar strings are thicker than everyone else's. :( New guitar? Or just new strings? I guess my birthday list and Christmas list next year will be guitar-related.
TICK TICK CHECK CHECK!
No comments:
Post a Comment