I don’t even know where to start............
Summary of today: I really need to step up.
Poor Joe, I feel like he thinks I’m an idiot.
Today started with a Critical Listening class at 9:30. We had a pop quiz on how many songs we knew and their bands. You get a point for the title, a point for the band name. Max you can get is 120. Candice got 34. Papa Schlaegel would be disappointed in me lol. It was fun to listen to Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Katy Perry, Rihanna, The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Brandon Heath, The Kinks, Buffalo Springfield, the Beatles and other awesome artists.
Then we had our track class. We discussed the show tomorrow and then Warren taught us about lighting. I felt at home! I felt like I was back in Olentangy High School Braves Theatre. :) We talked about parkhands, LED lights, Pucks, Sparklers, and the moving lights. Warren went over how to make them do certain things and how to program it. I look forward to working with the lights. Hopefully I will get some free time in the future to play around with it. We even messed with the fog machine!!!!
Then I had lunch. Cheese Manicotti and White Cheddar Cheez-Its. Be jealous. ;)
Then Joe helped me set up for the Demo Derby…
I WAS TERRIBLE AT RECORDING! I was messing up and my headphones didn’t work. AHH! The artists and their managers were nice about it though. I have decided to research more about mixing in ProTools and with 002 racks because, yeah…I could have DEFINITELY done better. Grr.
After I recorded Meredith, Kylie, and Dan, I bounced the file to disk and then put the converted mp3s up on the Community computer.
After that was successful, I helped Joe start setting up the stage for our arranging tonight.
Tonight is also the Open House at John and Jenny’s house. I look forward to it hanging with them.
Tom and Warren told us that we would get sick of music and get frustrated with people after a while. Is it bad that I feel that way already? Not music, exactly, but just…I don’t know. You know me, I work so hard. And this semester is something that I do not know well so I’m working as hard as I can…which makes a short temper. I’m stressed that I won’t understand everything. I’m scared the artists and managers won’t want to use me because I suck. RAWR!
Now Mom and Dad, don’t go calling me…I’m not depressed everyone. Just frustrated. My attitude needs to skyrocket or people are going to think I’m crazy. Haha. Maybe I am…
The CMC is where I want to be though. I am proud of myself that I haven’t gone insane with homesickness. THAT IS REALLY GOOD. I’m proud at how much I’m trying to pick up.
But I expect the BEST from myself. I can’t be so hard on myself or I will break.
Another thing…silence is difficult here. Haha. I’m in the mailroom at school right now and it STILL isn’t quiet. Ashley is practicing on the Main Stage and I can hear as if she’s at the door (she is UPstairs).
I will get better at this. *sigh* haha.
Until next time…I’ll tell you about the show :)
“SET IT ONSTAGE…”
No comments:
Post a Comment