1.21.2011

*Looks around*...

So today we had a meeting and then we were released to that artists and execs could meet with each other since every artist was assigned to a exec/manager.

And what did I do? I tried to find something to do.

Since I can't play my guitar well, no one will be asking me to accompany them. It's fine but it meant I didn't have anything to do.

So I went back to the apt, practiced my guitar since I felt like a failure, listened to people practice, went to Kroger than ate dinner and read a book.

Summary of this day? I am beginning to realize that I do not fit in with these talented people.

The artists can sing and play and write. The executives are doing a great job of managing their artists and making plans. And the guys (aka techs) know SOMETHING about tech when it comes to music.

Candice does not. My experience is a beginners book on guitar, Lakeside (which I didn't touch the sound or light board), and theatre (once again no touching of sound or lights).

Sooooo....hmmmm... who is going to look like the blonde valley girl when we start doing tech stuff? ME!

*sigh* I have been looking forward to this semester forever. But now that I'm here, I'm not sure if I can do it. Am I cut out for this? Can I learn from this semester or am I going to get fed up?

I want this to be the experience I've been dreaming of.

Please get off stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment