First we met Regie Hamm, the songwriter and artist that wrote "The Time of My Life," which David Cook sang when he won the seventh season of American Idol. If you want more info on him, his website is www.regiehamm.com. Anyways, he talked to all of us in his small studio in his house. He talked about the process of songwriting and trying to be successful. Then he played "The Time of My Life." And his version was so full of awe, much better than David Cook's. It felt so amazing watching a Nashville songwriter and artist perform...in his HOUSE. :) I felt so privileged.
Next we met Nathan Lee, an artist and songwriter here in Nashville. His website is www.nathanleemusic.com. He calls himself a singer who sings songs about desperation for those in despair and a songwriter who writes songs about brokenness for the brokenhearted. He was a really nice guy! We sat and listened to him talk about his music, his life, and his work. His friend, Todd, was there playing his saxophone with him. They both were really cool. His songs really touched my heart. Like he says, they were sad but just the creation of the songs was amazing and inspiring. He even gave us all a copy of his CD!
Next we went to SESAC. SESAC is a U.S. Performing Rights Organization. They collect royalties for affiliated songwriters and music publishers for the public performance of their music. We met with Tim Fink and he discussed what they do at SESAC and who they work with. For instance he told us that Hilary Scott (Lady Antebellum) was one of the songwriters they work with. This meeting was more for the artists and execs but I enjoyed it. :) (www.SESAC.com)
TONIGHT the rest of the artists perform- I'm excited to listen again.
Today was a great field trip. I feel so appreciative of meeting these people. I have always wanted to sit and listen to an artist/songwriter perform with only me and a few others. And today it happened. They talked to us like we were people, not fans and it was awesome. They are amazing people and have such talent. I had so much fun.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome...!

No comments:
Post a Comment