Today was full of energy and adrenaline and laughs and stress!
The day started off with Tom giving us a lecture about his rise to the music industry. It was interesting to hear all that he has been a part of and to think what he will do in the future.
Then we had our production meeting which was interesting. It wasn't detailed enough. But whatever, we worked everything out.
Then we had line check. This took FOREVER and ran into lunch. I wasn't doing a good job patching things. We didn't get through checking inputs. The next thing I knew, people were coming back for sound check.
So I sat down, ate my lunch and pudding cup REALLY REALLY fast and then got to my place. I took notes on what patches I needed to check and make sure inputs were correct. During sound check I found out I had made some mistakes but I resolved them with the help of Marcus. It was stressful to try to remember everything. BESIDES, we were doing everything backwards since it was sound check (you want to do sound check for the first band LAST and the last band FIRST). It confused me at first but then I got it.
After sound check, Marcus, Joel, Luke and I changed some inputs and checked the line to make sure they were going through FOH and Monitors.
Then we broke for dinner. During dinner I went over my stage plots and made sure I knew what I was doing and where things went.
When I got back, I got in place for show.
The show went AMAZING! The artists were amazing as usual and they all looked beautiful/handsome. I DID make a few mistakes that Warren will probably note on tomorrow. Like when the kick mic was out of the sound hole on the kick drum. And the time when I boxed myself in onstage with Audrey when I was trying to get the mic stands offstage. And when I forgot to angle the monitor towards Karissa. :(
But other than that, it was exciting and I think I did a decent job.
After the show, I saw Grant Ebright and gave him a huge hug. I haven't seen him in years and it was good to see a familiar face. :) We talked and laughed. He told me stories about HIS semester at CMC and we filled each other in on our lives. I also saw Erin Aubrey there. They both loved the show which was a relief.
The after party was fun and I kinda got my groove on haha. It was nice to be able to relax and have fun.
...We will have to see how gametape goes tomorrow...let's see if Warren says anything about me being on stage too much. ;)
"SPC GO SPC!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment