Today did not go well...at all. But somehow I survived even if people might think I'm not a nice person.
We started out with a class on Theological Aesthetics with Tom. It was interesting. I'm not sure if I understood it. We listened to some music and talked about God in music.
Then we had our line check which went fine...
Until Warren decided to take pictures for promotional reasons. Which meant we had to strike (take everything off) the stage and clear the tables and the student lounge of everything. So our hard work was moved around, unplugged, and put somewhere else...which was then moved because he changed his freaking mind.
Then Warren proceeded to take pictures, telling us to move, etc. This went on for more than an hour.
Giving the techs ten minutes to eat before sound check. I will not explain or complain about this detail any more. Just know, I was VERY angry about it at 12:50.
Because the techs were excused to get food, the stage was not reset for the beginning of sound check. I was eating my lunch and Warren kept asking me to do stuff. I wanted to yell at him. But that would have been BAD. So I helped and then at one point asked Jacob to help. He was sitting in the back eating, watching ME work. Smiles.
Once the sound check started, things were CrAzY. Too many problems, including, moving the Main speakers for House (audience). THAT screwed up our EQ (equalizing) of the room. And then while I'm trying to run sound check as Stage Manager, Warren decides he's going to keep taking pictures and asking for help from my TECHS! WHAT THE CRAP!?!?! Another time I wanted to yell. But instead I stood in the corner, had a "Candice moment of craziness" and kept doing my job. I'm glad I had my mountain dew.
It was insane. People were scared of me because I was so loopy with stress. It was bad. :( Really bad.
I took a lot of notes on the stage plots for the actual show.
Then we had dinner break until 7. It was difficult to leave the building for dinner. I felt like I had so much to do.
I'm getting sick of who has authority over who at this school. Do we listen to Marcus or Warren. Do we listen to the managers? Does the producers have authority over me? UGH! I'm sick of it.
At dinner I had beeforoni and milk. :) Then I listened to the Wicked soundtrack. I felt a lot more relaxed and calm.
The actual show was amazing and fun. Everything went really well. No mess ups this time. :)
And if tomorrow Warren says one thing tech related that has to do with me and my responsibility, I'll probably cry.
BLAHHHHH!
I'm sad though that I missed my Milligan friends being pirates. :P
Tomorrow? Who knows. I'm ready to sleep the weekend away even though that WON'T happen.
"I'm just checking!"
"CANDICE!"
No comments:
Post a Comment